Wednesday, May 22, 2024

Good on Paper < Real Life


Some things on paper don’t make sense in real life. The stairs go up to all the bedrooms. 
We prefer no shoes inside; so it made more sense to provide extra cushion on a primary route. 


Second change: the feature wall got resized. We know that the positioning of this house is mostly shaded year-round. So instead of dark “plummy” walls on all three sides of the breakfast area, we’re doing just two walls, with the neutral brighter paint on the north wall to invite the eyes outside. I love having a cornered breakfast nook! Maybe I’ll get one of those fancy loveseat benches… what are those called? 

I haven’t decided whether to do eggshell or satin. I have to get a sample of the satin to try on the wall but I think eggshell will produced a muted warmth to mix the contrast of the bright view outside with the big heavy furniture inside. Of course you can’t see this, but trust me, I think it’ll create a calm wake up space.

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment